KnittingPathsOfLife

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A PRESENT FOR MYSELF

I bought myself an early birthday present a little over a week ago. My birthday was yesterday. It is a Chevy Cruze. They make this car in Ohio so I like that.
I wanted a sunroof, so I had to take leather seats too. I prefer cloth but oh well.
When the car was less than one week old, our young neighbor ran into our garage. My car was on the other side of this wall. A shelving unit almost as tall as me, tipped over into the passenger side. A pair of hedge clippers flew off and put a little dent in the trunk. The only other thing we found is a little scratch above the back passenger window. Lucky, he had Allstate insurance and they are paying. So far we have not had an estimate on the garage repairs. I hope this is NOT an omen.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

No omen just a silly young guy that was not paying attention. Glad it is going to be fixed and enjoy your new car.

Love and big birthday hugs!
Heidi

Carolien said...

O dear, what a story! I am glad the boy has his insurance.
It's a beautiful car, what a nice gift you have given yourself! ;)
I hope you had a nice day & enjoyed a good cake. We did send you a card but I fear it will be a little too late, sorry!
Have a nice day & hugs, Carolien

Susan in SC said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I love your new car! I hope you can get it (and the garage) fixed as good as new!

Linda said...

Nancy...Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you! I love your car and how neat to have a sun roof. Wow, what a story...just some weird happenings not a omen. Enjoy...hugs, Linda

onlymehere said...

Oh no, I'm glad that's all the damage it did though. I think this is a great birthday present for yourself! Happy birthday!

Tammy said...

What a wonderful present!! But not a good way to break it in...yikes!!
Hope everything works out ok and the repairs are done quickly.

Sonja said...

Whow, what a present! These kind of presents make a girl smile isn't it? I do hope the damage has been fixed. The first scratch on a new car 'hurts' the most.
But still I am sure you enjoy the many rides you are gonna make with the car!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a welcome for the new car! It's good that your neighbor has an insurance policy. Was he, like, drunk or something? Anyway, no one got hurt and the car was insured, so thank goodness! I hope this won't happen again. Keep safe and have a great day!

Roxie Magnus