KnittingPathsOfLife

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A LOVING QUILT FOR ME AND A GIFT FOR GEORGE

I got this quilt from Heidi when I went to Holland.  I have it hanging on the back of my rocking chair.

A month ago, I developed Shingles.  Let me tell you, that it is not fun.  If you have not had the vaccine, I recommend you get it.  It burns and is quite painful.  I spent two weeks on pain pills and laying on my couch covered in this nice little quilt made by Heidi.  I pretty much went from the couch to my chair those two weeks.


I feel much better now, and have been working on my Indian and now got a crochet bug.  I bought a book at Joann Fabrics for some ideas and am now working on item number six.  LOL   I can only show one item now.  The rest are gifts not yet delivered.

The crocheted hanging bag is for George, to hold his games.  He is addicted to Solitaire.  He has three in the house and one in the car. This is to hold the three.


3 comments:

Heidi Kuijer said...

Well...I am glad I could wrap you in warmth when you were feeling so bad. But I am grateful that you are getting better every day!

George's game holder turned out really nice. You whipped that up in no time since it was not even started yesterday when we talked.

Love and hugs,
Heidi

onlymehere said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you having shingles. When Travis was two years old he got shingles. I remember holding and rocking him all day while he lay on his right side across my lap just crying as his left side was covered in them. Everything hurt him. This poor kid never had chicken pox, just shingles and still has the scars to prove it on parts of his body. I swear he was one big scab on the left side of his body. I'm happy though that you had a loving quilt to curl up in. Take care of yourself. I think George and my husband would get along well. Larry plays solitaire on his lap top while watching TV!

Anonymous said...

Since I'm very late reading this, I'm glad you're over the shingles - sounds terrible. Love the quilt Heidi made for you and the game holder for your husband.
\Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com