KnittingPathsOfLife

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

FAMILY COOKBOOK COMPLETED

At last, our family cookbook is complete
This first page, I showed before
This is my Mom, the biggest influence in my life. She was very special. My Mom chrocheted, knitted and quilted and sewed.
This is my Aunt Nell. Uncle Rob and Aunt Nell owned a resturant in Irwin, Pa. a long time ago.
This is my Aunt Kate, Louise's Mom. I have loads of happy memories of time spent with her.
This is my Sister, Jane. She was like a second Mom to me and I still miss her very much.
This is Bill, father of my wonderful children. He was a career Air Force man and also one very special man.
This is George, my husband and he was my childhood boyfriend at the age you see him as a paperboy.
This is my cousin, Louise. We have always been very close friends as well as cousins. If you can, read her funny pie recipe.
This is me, and on the one picture is my other Sister Ruth. She is the one who went to Fl with me. Needless to say, this is a very old picture.
This is Bill, my oldest Son. He was a Navy man.
This is Fawn, my daughter who died.
I think you all know Heidi
Eric was also Navy, and now drives a Semi.
This is Becky, my very new Daughter in Law and she is a gem.
Kristy, is my oldest Granddaughter. I am very lucky
Mandie, my only other Granddaughter is a wonderful girl.
Haali, is my Great Granddaughter, and she is Great. Mitchell is on Grandpa's page, and Zoe with her Mommy. I am so proud of them.
This is my Mom and Dad and I could never have asked for better. Hope you enjoy our book.
Nancy

12 comments:

Heidi said...

It turned out great mother! I am excited to get my copy. So when are you bringing it over??? :-)

It brought back so many memories to see Dad standing in the kitchen in Gainesville. He and I were kitchen buddies. I loved bringing him kitchen gadgets as gifts and going to look at cookbooks in bookshops or to kitchen shops. We were constantly saying 'Hey, look at this!' while you were off working at the store. *sigh* And then there is my Funny Banana who cooked like mad. And then stayed 36 forever...silly girl!

And I miss Grandma and Janey too! Boy, how can a girl survive in life with her aunt there to give her slivers??? I know! My mother can make it better and make me a chocolate peanut butter pie...lol!

Love and hugs ~
Heidi

Barbara said...

Nancy, what wonderful memories and such a clever way to display them. I reall enjoyed looking at each page. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Barbara/MO

BittersweetPunkin said...

Nancy that is beautiful...you did a wonderful job and that is a great family keepsake for sure!

Françoise said...

Wonderfull!!!
Hugs
Françoise

Linda said...

Nancy, your family cookbook turned out wonderful! I looked at every picture and clicked on every recipe and even copied some. This will be a special gift to your family they will treasure...hugs, Linda

Tammy said...

What a lovely family Nancy and wonderful memories all bound so nicely in beautiful handmade books...well done!
Hugs2u

onlymehere said...

You have truly created an heirloom that will be cherished. I love this idea and I'm sure your family will love it too and appreciate all your hard work at making it. Thank you for sharing it.

Shari said...

Aunt Nancy,
I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures and recipes. I even copied a couple. What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing.
love,
Shari

Sweetie said...

Nancy, Your cookbook is so very special. I am amazed by your many talents. The cookbook is so amazing that I am going to look at it again and again and copy some recipes. So many wonderful memories are associated with cooking.
Love,
Sweetie

Angela said...

Well Nancy,
What a wonderful archive of family history you've compiled here and what a labour of love. What nicer tribute to the wonderful members of your family than to showcase them in this amazing scrapbook. I loved enlarging the pictures and seeing close ups of the recipes and the people who have made your life so special.

I'm definitely going to try out some of your recipes. Alexis and Rula adore peanut butter so I think I'll start with the peanut butter fudge :>)
Hugs and thanks for all the pleasure you've given us.
Angela

Rhondi said...

Hi Nancy
That is a fabulous idea. It would be great to get the whole book photcopied so everyone could have one. That must have bben a lot of work putting it all together.
Hugs, Rhondi

Brigitte said...

What an absolutely wonderful idea. These books look so gorgeous. Now you should make one for yourself ...