KnittingPathsOfLife

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

MORE CRAFTS

I am getting used to this new laptop, I installed my fine pix and now the actual pictures do not show, only numbers so, I got these in all the wrong order. These are two hats I chrocheted for the craft show in October. I had Kristy do the roses for me when I was in New York. I know the basics of chrochet, so she just whipped them out for me. The hats will fit a child.

This poncho is for a little one about 2 years old. It is hard to know the sizes. I need to start doing comparison pictures I think. The buttons are smiley faces. I have a smaller yellow and white almost done. It needs the fringe and buttons.
This is the book of hats I bought and took the hat patterns from. I intend to make more too.

This is a book I bought and am about half finished with. It is an author I have never read, and it is very good.

This varigated yarn in this poncho is called crayon and my son, Eric, loves this yarn. This poncho is about a size 12 I think. I made two and used different plain yarn and they look all together different.
This one is probably about a size 10 year old. See how different the plain colors make the varigated yarn look. It is fun to see these ponchos develope. So far, I am not tired of knitting them. I think I now have about 10 made, not sure.





9 comments:

angelasweby said...

Nancy,
What a wonderful colourful post full of lots of exciting news. I just love those cloche hats, so 1920's and therefore very modern again...haha! How nice to know that fashions will return - if we just have the patience to wait. You certainly never seem to stand still. I've never known anyone with so much energy - except Heidi, of course :>) All your ponchos are looking gorgeous.

Glad you take your eyes off your needles long enough to enjoy a good book :>)
Warm hugs, Angela

Linda said...

Nancy, I think the hats are darling and I love the extra touch of the rose. You have really been going to town...all the ponchos are great...I was trying to pick a favorite , but couldn't...I like them all.
Rewriting Monday looks good. This is a new author to me...I always like it when a book is recomend...I'm putting this on my to read list. hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Aunt Nancy,
I want to be just like you when I grow up. Travel, knit, read, bake.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
love,
Shari

Mary said...

Oh yes, I want to be just like you too, except I'm all grown up already so I'd better get a move on, ha! ha!

Nancy, your hats and ponchos are so pretty - I love cloche hats for the Winter. Are you going to be selling them - how about custom work??

Glad you're enjoying my English scenery - know you and Heidi will get back there some day.

Enjoy your new laptop.
Hugs - Mary.

Heidi said...

I think you have more than 10 made. You have to count the Barbie ones too. They are important...lol. The hats are adorable. That book has a neat cover. It looks like a Debbie Macomber book. I am rereading The Secret Garden and one of the Abram's Daughter's books now.

Now tell that Angela that I have NO energy...lol.

Love and hugs ~
Heidi

Saskia said...

WOW, that is a lot of work.
Love the colors, I think a lot of little girls will be happy with a poncho or hat.

Sonja said...

What a colourful poncho's you made. I am sure kids will like them. And the crocheted hats are beautiful too!
How was your time in NewYork? So nice you got help with the hats and the computer as well.
Are you knitting and reading at the same time? You are so productiv with your knitting!

Kristen said...

Well aren't you a busy bee! I love those hats! They came out adorable! So Cute!!! You are going to town on those ponchos too! :) Love you gramma... P.S. I see the bookcover there! :)

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

I second Shari's comment. You just seem to do it all.