KnittingPathsOfLife

Sunday, February 22, 2009

MY WARRIOR IS KEEPING WARM NOW

I have this chart copied into four parts, and the two top parts are almost finished. I was so worried about the blanket, but I am finding it is not at all hard to stitch. The sides are way more color changes than the actual blanket. It is a very long blanket, I am only about half way and it gets wider at the bottom.

I received this cute pin cushion in the mail last week. When I was in Holland last March, one of our online stitching ladies did a contest "name my house". Roberta and her husband Terry moved to Atlanta. I chose Roterra Gardens. She named the house Humming Bird Hollow at Roterra Gardens. Thank you, Roberta for the cute little pin cushion you made.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Your warrior is really coming along. Does he have a name? Maybe White Feather? Remember your Indian guide? The pincushion from Roberta is so cute. Now you have a place to park your threaded needles. :)

Love and hugs ~
Heidi

Carolien said...

Hello Nancy,

I am glad your indian warrior is keeping warm now. I bet you had some more colours here to change!
The pincushion is gorgeous!

Hugs, Carolien

P.S. I hope you enjoy your new desk.

Linda said...

Oh, your warrior is looking wonderful and you are making great progress! Cute pincushion! I use one all the time...no more lost needles for me.....this makes my hubby very happy....hugs, Linda

hazel c UK said...

"White Feather" is coming along nicely Nancy, you make this seem like a quick stitch. I love the pin cushion.
Warm hugs,
Hazel (UK)

Tammy said...

Hi Nancy,
Your warrior looks GREAT so far....and in my opinion one can never have too many pincushions, especially pretty ones like that.
Yes, the frame is BIG and unfortunately in my living room for now until my sewing room is finished, but I am very thankful to have it. Thank you for your kind blog comment :D Tam

Susan in SC said...

the warrior is beautiful! I admire you for taking on such a big project. Your pincushiion is very cute! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!

Barbara said...

Your warrior is coming along very nicely. I like the name "White Feather". Pin cushion is really cute.

Hugs,
Barbara

Brigitte said...

Your Indian Warrior looks so great already. I really love this design.
Roberta's pincushion is very nice.

Solstitches said...

Your Indian is so colourful and is coming along great.
Love the little pincushion Roberta sent.