KnittingPathsOfLife

Sunday, May 30, 2010

PROUD OF MY FAMILY

We have a very military family background. On this Memorial Day, I hope everyone in America will take the time to pray for a member of our Armed Forces serving at home and abroad. Say thank you if you see a person in uniform anywhere.
This is my Dad who served in World War One and started it all for me. He was very special and I loved him bunches.
This is Bill, my kid's Dad who served in the Marines and Air Force for a total of 23 years. We were all proud of him and lost him to cancer in 1992.
Bill served in the Navy. He joined right out of High School.
Eric was a Navy Corpsman. The guys on the ship called him Doc and he still has that nickname to his friends.
This is not a current picture, since Mitch is now a Captain in the Army. He served in Iraq and is now at Ft Drum, NY. He is going to his next duty station soon to be an instructor. I am so proud of you Mitch and thank you for serving right now.
Now you can see why I am Proud of my Family.
I just want to say to also know that the families of the men and women also need our prayers. Having been a military wife, and now Kristen is, the family has to hold the fort for the deployed military member.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Don't they all look handsome in their uniform especially my pop!! Hope you are enjoying your Memorial day weekend and be safe when you and George drive up to Canada. Have fun!

Love and hugs ~
Heidi

onlymehere said...

You have every right to be proud of your family. I had no idea that their service was so extensive. My father-in-law was in the army during WWII, my brother-in-law was in the army, Nicholas was in the reserves but his car accident made it so he was released and couldn't serve (severe head injuries with complications), and now my son-in-law Brandon is in ROTC and army reserves. When he graduates from college in two years he'll deploy somewhere. This is why I have to enjoy my daughter and her girls every moment I can bz who knows how far away they'll be living soon. But you've been there and done that so you know all about that.

I'm proud of your family's service too.

Carolien said...

Hello Nancy,

You can be proud, Nancy. I hope you had a good Memorial Day.
I love that picture of you and George at the sidebar. Looking at that picture I see Heidi too :)

Hugs & love, Carolien
P.S. Did you know your sweet daughter invited me to join her quiltgroup? I feel honoured as 'just-a-novice-quilter' but look forward to it!

angelasweby said...

What a lovely family Nancy, no wonder you feel so proud :>)
Angela xx

KHale Photography said...

Oooops.... I forgot to get you a new picture! :/ I am so proud of all of our military men!