KnittingPathsOfLife

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FRIENDS ARE SO IMPORTANT

I feel I have found some very good friends through our online stitching group, and though blogging. Today I will feature three of them. This cute little book was part of my Autumn Swap gift from Barbara. I love this little book and think everyone should have one with their own initial on it. Barbara is part of our stitching group and also a blogger.
Every page has a very cute little saying on it. I am going to put one on now, and then everyonce in awhile put another one on. One of the pages says "No one word frees us of all the weight and pain of life than the word love."

Now, before I went away, I mentioned that Theresa gave this award back to me after I gave it to her. That was very nice, and now I am passing it along again.
I want to give it to Sweetie. Last November, Sweetie's oldest daughter was murdered, and the murder is unsolved. I also had a daughter murdered in 1995. In our case, the man also shot himself. Even when this was a truly awful experience for my family, I can only imagine what Sweetie is now going through. I am praying that this person is found so she can have some rest. I hope everyone will think of her and her family as the anniversary is coming up. She truly is a creative blogger and you can click on her from my friends list, and also Theresa at Sew Many Thoughts. Thank you for giving it back to me and all of you for being friends.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

that book is tooo cute!!! I can't imagine what your friend is going through! Prayers are with her!!!

Decor To Adore said...

Hello,

I am celebrating my 100th post. Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

Laura

Heidi said...

And I am most thankful that my mother is my friend! I remember years ago you said to me once that I would wish for my school years again when I was an adult and wish I was young. I don't wish that as I think we are in a better place now as we grew into our relationship of you still being mom but also becoming a friend that I can laugh and cry with too. I love you mother (but I know that you already knew that...LOL!).

I know we talked about Sweetie and it being close to a year ago. My thoughts are with her as we all too well know how it feels and Fawn's death was 13 years ago this month. It is hard to believe she has been gone so long but she is always close as I can still hear her laugh with me at times.

Love and hugs ~
Heidi

Linda said...

Hi Nancy, that is a dear little book. I like the page you featured and I like book pages pictured...Miss Piggy is too funny.

My heart hurts for both you and Sweetie. It saddens me you both have had tragic losses...you are in my prayers and blessings to you and yours...hugs, Linda

Sweetie said...

Nancy, I want to thank you so much for the award and for the compassion that you have shown toward me. You opened your heart to me and welcomed me to Blogland. You understand how I feel because of the way in which you lost Fawn. I want you to know that I pray for you and your family.
Love,
Sweetie

Terri said...

I never knew that. I am so sorry for your loss, Nancy. Bless your heart.

Solstitches said...

I have heard Heidi speak of her sister a few times and, once again, I am saddened for you and your family and also for your friend Sweetie.
The book Barbara sent you is so sweet.