KnittingPathsOfLife

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A WIN AND SOME NEW BOOKS

Another entry from my N book.
Normally I like everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wine.
Oliver Goldsmith
Heidi pulled my name in a give a way she held. These are very nice note cards. Since I owe a friend a note, I will be using one hopefully today. The postcard she sent with it is really nice too.
Thanks Heidi for the gift.
These are two books a friend lent me to read. I read book one and took it to Heidi and now thanks to Jean, I will read two and three. The Sisters of Holmes County, which is about 45 minutes away from us.

I bought this bargain book at Borders and couldn't believe I hadn't read it. It was not on my very long list I keep. As I am reading it, it seems like I might have read it. I read soooo many, and all of Nora Roberts, so I really am not totally sure. Neverless, I am reading it again if I did.
My snowmen are all stitched, I am now putting the names on. I will feature them soon. Hope you have a great day.


6 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad the cards arrived and isn't the postcards that Clare's husband made so pretty. Enjoy all of your books. I just started a new book which is reflecting back to WWII and a bit sad. :(

Ready to start stitching some of my WIPs for me???

Love and hugs ~
Heidi

Sweetie said...

I just looked up the Sisters of Holmes County series on line. I love to read about the Amish - probably because we live near Amish Country also and I am facinated by them. The notecards are lovely. Have a great day!
Hugs,
Sweetie

Linda said...

Sometimes I'll buy a book I've already read...it will have a new cover so I think it's a new book. I try to keep a list too but if I forget to add a book I'm in trouble...I have a horrible memory. Enjoy your new reads and I like your new notecards...are they pictures of quilt blocks...very nice. Hugs, Linda

Carolien said...

I wish you good times reading good books!

Hugs, Carolien

Saskia said...

Hi Nancy,
I love Nora Roberts.
I read the dutch translations, so i think I'm a little bit behind you. there not that many translated.
Saskia

Solstitches said...

What a lovely pile of books you have there Nancy. They all look very much to my taste. I just love anything about the Amish.