KnittingPathsOfLife

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SWEATERS COMPLETED

This is the sweater I started knitting in the car on the way to Canada. I listened to the audio books and did most of it while watching the boats. On the way home I was knitting the second sleeve. I decided to trim it with buttons, so went to Joann Fabrics to find some I could use. You can't tell very well, but they are in the basket weave rows I put in.

I put Zoe's name on but the color blends in, so you can't see it well on a picture.

This is the first sweater I knit for her. This one will have to wait until she grows some. I will just pack it away for now. She will get the top one when we finally go to Myrtle Beach and I see her.


8 comments:

hazel c UK said...

Hi Nancy,

I love the sweaters you have stitched for Zoe especially the one with the buttons such a unusual thing to do. Love your snowman patterns you will have fun stitching them, wonder how you will finished them, individually to hang or a picture/pillow, I will wait for the surprise. Warm hugs, Hazel

Mandie said...

She will LOVE it Gramma! :o) This reminds me of one you made for her when she MUCH smaller! I'm sure this winter she will get lots of use out of it. Love you & can't wait to see you!

Mandie

Carolien said...

Zoe is a lucky girl! I love the first one very, very much! And how nice that her name is on it as well.

Hugs, Carolien

Kristen said...

Ohhh that is so sweet! They are so pretty and I can just see her in them! :) What a great Great Grandma you are!!! :)

Beatrice said...

The sweaters are beautiful.
OOOOh your going to Myrtle Beach I love it there.
Enjoy!

Heidi said...

Zoe Pickle will love her new sweater. I like the first one too and now she will just have to become a big girl so she can get that one too. :) How did you listen to the talking books up in Canada?

Love and hugs ~
Heidi

Saskia said...

Hi Nancy,

Love the sweaters!
It brings back memories of my grandmother knitting me sweaters.
And it is the big hit in fashion this season.
Maybe I have to start knitting again, but I already have a lot of UFO's ans WIP's to finish.
I was working on a scarf, I think i can finish that before winter.
Big Hug
Saskia

Solstitches said...

You've been very busy Nancy! Both of these sweaters are just lovely.
What a nice touch to add the buttons - so pretty.